Everlasting life or life everlasting or eternal life or Divine Life or Heaven is everlasting communion with God in Jesus Christ in the Church Triumphant. Everlasting life begins on Earth in mysticism. However, Heaven is not to be confused with the spirit world found in various religions and cults.
The Beatific Vision is seeing God as he is - face to face - and, because God is Happiness Itself, it is supernatural happiness. The Beatific Vision begins immediately upon entering Heaven. Christ enjoyed the Beatific Vision from his Incarnation as the God-Man.
Ascension of ChristEdit
By his Ascension Christ has ascended past the angels and sits at the right-hand of God. He is the Way to Heaven and has given us hope for salvation, inaugurated his eternal Kingdom, and intercedes for us as our eternal High Priest.
Assumption of MaryEdit
After her death, Mary, assumed into Heaven past the angels, stands before Christ to intercede for us as our Mediatrix. She has shown us the way to Heaven, given us hope for salvation, and is the image and beginning of the Church perfected in the world to come.
Assumption of ElijahEdit
Because Elijah did not die but was assumed in a chariot of fire into Heaven, he will come again before the Second Coming to witness to Christ unto death.
Angels and SaintsEdit
There are various choirs of angels in Heaven - Seraphim, Cherubim, the seven Archangels, etc. - who, together with the saints, endlessly praise God.
The Catholic Church teaches that there is hope for the salvation of the unbaptized in light of Baptism. In popular opinion, unbaptized infants go to Paradise or Limbo of Infants, a place of perfect natural happiness that exists on the edge of Hell.
- ↑ http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a12.htm
- ↑ http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a12.htm#II
- ↑ http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a12.htm#1025
- ↑ http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p2.htm#787
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_world
- ↑ http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a12.htm#1023
- ↑ http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08675a.htm
- ↑ http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c2a6.htm#659
- ↑ http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p6.htm#969
- ↑ http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p6.htm#966
- ↑ http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p6.htm#972
- ↑ http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05381b.htm
- ↑ http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01476d.htm
- ↑ http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p2s2c1a1.htm#1261
- ↑ http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09256a.htm