Syncretism is the fusion of different beliefs and practices. It is incompatible with Catholicism, because the Catholic Church condemns polytheism, idolatry and other sins against the First Commandment. Still, believers of the Christ Myth believe Jesus Christ is a syncretism of non-Christian myths, Historicians believe the Church is Babylonian, and critics of the Church believe Catholics paganized Christianity. One example is Halloween: Although it is All Hallow's Eve and its traditions are Catholic, it is commonly misconceived that Halloween, its date, and its traditions are non-Christian.
- ↑ http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/syncretism
- ↑ Peace in the World, Dialogue among Christians and with other Religions Every form of syncretism is to be excluded.
- ↑ http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c1a1.htm
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_myth_theory
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whore_of_Babylon#Roman_Catholic_Church
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Catholic_Church#Paganized_Christianity
- ↑ http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01315a.htm
- ↑ http://www.americancatholic.org/messenger/oct2001/family.asp
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween#Pre-Christian_influences